Please? Someone? Anyone?
I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I've been in kind of a funk , as you may or may not have noticed since I fell off the face of the
world internet recently. I wish I could report that I finished my hat, my socks, all six pairs of mittens I queued up, and the Stupid Striped Sweater of Intimidation, as well as saved the city from aliens and developed a cure for the common cold.
But alas, I have not done any of those things. In fact, let's just take a look at all the things I haven't been doing:
- - I have not finished my January KAL socks.
- - I have not cast on for my February KAL socks.
- - I have not finished my goofy orange hat.
- - I have not cast on for my Stupid Striped Sweater of Intimidation. Really, the name says it all there...
- - I have not been blogging. (obviously)
- - I have also not been doing most of the other things I normally can be found doing, including but not limited to: reading, writing, laundry, saving the city from aliens, etc.
I jest, I jest. But only that last bit. In fact, the only thing I've been doing recently is poking around Ravelry and queuing patterns like I have until tomorrow to list everything I'll knit in the next five years. In one night alone, I queued 13 different patterns for socks. Thirteen. I don't knit socks that fast. I'll probably never knit anything that fast. Thirteen different sock patterns, and that doesn't even touch all the other sock patterns I've already queued. I'm starting to think I've got some sort of problem. I wonder if there's some sort of help group for this sort of behavior...
And so this post isn't completely boring and whiny, here's a picture of my pink lace socks. Or, rather, my one pink lace sock that I completed over a week and a half ago. The second is languishing in my WIP basket, waiting to have its gusset stitches picked up. Which I've been procrastinating on because I can say with relative certainty that picking up gusset stitches is my least favorite activity, like, ever.