And just like that, it's 2013. I slept in this morning and haven't changed out of my pjs. I sat around, talked to my parents, knit some, and watched Star Trek: TNG with Jason while two of the three cats snoozed on my lap. It was a lovely, slow, lazy day and I loved every minute of it. Tomorrow, we both go back to work and life goes on, but today was a nice little island of quiet.
I just added up my knitted yardage for the year, and the grand total is... 28 finished projects for a total of 8,359 yds. Much better than last year, so yay! My favorite finished object of the year is a toss-up between my TARDIS socks and the socks I knit for Sarah.
As far as resolutions go, I did okay. Not great, but not awful.
- I wanted to cook more at home, which I did. Not as much as I'd have liked to, but much better than I've done before. Improvement was made, and I am satisfied.
- I wanted to exercise more, which I pretty much failed at. Guess that's going back on the list this year.
- I wanted to practice the piano for at least 20 minutes per day. Another great big fail.
- Resolutions about The Stash included not buying new yarn for January and February, which I did, and to knit more, which I also did by a comfortable 1,800 yds.
Next year, my resolutions are basically the same.
- Exercise more. We recently invested in a contraption that converts a regular bike into an exercise bike. Ideally, I'd like to be using it at least 3-4 times a week when the weather is crappy, and use running when the weather gets nicer this summer.
- Continue to cook more. I'm doing better, but I feel there's more room for improvement here.
- Practice the piano more. Let's see if we can make better of that next year.
- I'll be going cold-sheep in the second half of the year. I have a few big projects planned out so I'm not imposing any yarn restrictions on the first half of the year.
- Keep the house more in order. I'm sitting here looking at a collection of clutter on the coffeetable, and more on the diningroom table, and more by the door. I don't like it, so next year it's going to go away.
- Blog more!
As for Goals, I think I did equally mediocre.
- Last year, I wanted to get through March with no new yarn purchases. Check!
- I'd wanted to knit more socks. I'd say I carried that one off as well.
- More socks for Jason was a fail, but I did buy yarn for socks for him, so that's a step in the right direction I guess.
- I'd wanted to read 120 books. I read 84. Close, but no cigar.
- I'd wanted to write more. That didn't happen.
This year, I'd like to,
- Read more classic books. I'm setting my goal at 25, and will be putting together a list of classic literature that I really should have already read at this point in my life.
- I want to do more knitting for Jason. He really does deserve it.
- I want to learn to read temperature in centigrade. I've already switched over the weather app on my phone and have started trying to adjust. It's hard.
- Knit more sweaters. I love sweaters, I love knitting. This should happen.
- Do another big bike ride. Tentatively, we're planning on the GAP again, just more of it. Maybe late this summer. We'll see. This falls in nicely with my goal of exercising more. I'll certainly need to train for it!
Theres some other stuff floating around in my brain, but I'll just save that for another post.