It's December 2nd. The Christmas Knitting sprint to the finish line has officially begun. As of today there are just 24 days and counting until the end, and I am nowhere near where I need to be knit-wise, even with my revised Christmas Knitting list. (The original list had an afghan on it. A knitted colorwork afghan. I'm crazy and delusional, I tell you...) In the meantime, I'm hoping to get a big chunk of it done this weekend. I plan on lots of movies and lots of knitting. We'll see how that goes.
In the past week, I haven't managed to do a whole lot knit-wise. The list of what I haven't done, however, is much more impressive.
- I have not designed my pattern for Secret Project #6, nor have I swatched for it. I haven't even wound up the hanks of yarn into balls yet.
- I have not made any more progress on Secret Project #9. In fact, I actually ripped out what intarsia I had and decided to make another go of double knitting. I see this as backwards progress and prefer not to think about it.
- I have not bought the necessary pieces to put together Secret Projects #1, 2, or 3
- I have not sent off Secret Project #7, even though it's been completed for more than a week and is something that needs to be used be sent out before Christmas since it it Christmas-related. This is actually due less to procrastination and more to my lack of a box to send it in.
- I have not touched Secret Project #5. Still just three rounds of ribbing.
- I have not touched Sarah's Belated Birthday Socks. I have, however, taken a picture of them.
As usual, please ignore BastardCat lurking in the background.
So that's where we're at right now. And that's not even considering all the other Christmas-related things I need to take care of. Wish me luck through this. We'll see if I get through it with my sanity intact.