What I've been up to...

Even though there has not been that much posting, there has been a decent amount of knitting...

I've finished the first of Katie's Bootsocks:

It's a pretty quick and easy knit -- just basic cuff-down socks with 3x1 ribbing on the leg and instep. I'm knitting with the yarn held double, and it makes a lovely thick fabric that feels like it'll be very sturdy and warm. Still need to kitchener the toe closed and cast on for the second sock, but I want her to try it on first so I can be sure the length is right, so I've set this aside for now.

I've also done another dozen or so rows on my Boneyard Shawl.

As you can see, I spoke far too soon about the lack of pooling. Pretty much as soon as I made that comment it started doing nothing but pool. Splotchy pooling everywhere. But, as I also commented, I'm pretty live and let live about colors doing their thing, so I'm just leaving it. It's for me, anyhow, so I'm able to be way less neurotic about it.

I've also resurrected my Lichen sweater. I've added another five or six inches to the sleeve, but this is so hard to keep my motivation up on. I've ripped and reknit on this thing so much that I've probably done at least three sweater's worth of knitting on this sucker, and it's still missing sleeves.

But it's sooo close, and I think I've finally got it down. Just needs that last push to the finish line. And hey, the yarn has held up really well to repeated frogging, so there's that...

I really do like this sweater, and I want to have it finished before it gets to be too warm to wear it. It does go pretty fast, assuming that I've finally got the sleeves fitting properly. We'll see about that.

And as if I haven't got quite enough on my plate yet, I'm also about to cast on for Nani's socks. I just have to swatch (read: cast on 10 stitches, knit for a few rows, then spend five minutes hunched over it with a ruler while desperately trying to get the stockinette to uncurl just long enough for me to measure) for it first and then do the maths to figure out how many stitches to cast on, and even then it'll probably still be wrong and I'll have to rip it out and start over because I always have to rip it out and start over even though I checked and double-checked my numbers, and anyhow I'm just not feeling up to it right at this very second.

So instead I'm blogging. Yep. Productive, that's me.