Drive-By Posting

Okay, this is gonna be a fast one. The Olympics have started, but I only just got around to picking up the needles for my Ravellenics projects. I've been preoccupied by Bingo! I did end up completing both a straight Bingo, as well as the July Special Bingo. I got a new card for August as well, but I'm not sure whether or not I'll finish it, since most of the month will be dedicated to Ravellenics, and then I have some WIPs I'd like to get finished before I jump into my Fall knitting, which is usually followed quickly by my Christmas knitting. Busy busy busy.

Anyhow, I've been productive and have got some stuff done. I finished my first Christmas knitting project. No pictures of that, sorry, I don't want to spoil the surprise. I also finished my gloves. I hated knitting them. All the stupid fingers with their short rounds, and all the stupid ends that I had to weave in. But all of that fiddly work was totally eclipsed by the joy of having gloves that actually fit.

I've got thin hands with long fingers, so this means that if a pair of gloves fits my hand then the fingers are too short. And if I buy larger gloves with longer fingers, then the hand is too loose. So in the winter I either wear mittens, or (more likely) just keep my hands in my pockets.

Now, however, I've got a lovely warm pair of properly fitting gloves. Just in time for, uh, August? At least I'll be well prepared for when Winter finally does arrive.

In the meantime, I'll be working on my Ravellenics projects through the 12th. I've resurrected Sarah's Embarassingly Belated Birthday Socks. I worked about half a dozen rounds on them tonight, but am hoping to put a bigger dent in them tomorrow. I'd set these aside because they come with a complicated chart that has lace shaping on every round and I don't like having to pay attention to it. So, to try to keep going on it, I'm going to pair it with a second plainer project that I can knit a few rows on every now and then to take the edge off.

As my second project, I'll be working on her wrist cuff. I didn't like the way that it was coming out: the fabric was way too dense, but the cast-on edge was too loose so one end of it flared oddly. I ripped it out, gave the yarn a quick dunk in the water to get the kinks out so I'm not knitting with yarn that looks like ramen noodles, and will be casting on again with larger needles. I think going up a couple of sizes should fix any issues.

At the end of this, hopefully I'll have two completed projects for Sarah. I think that plus the Ravellenics will be the motivation I need to give me a big enough kick in the butt to finally get these over and done.